A Man Raised By Wolves
Helping You Gain Knowledge On Minnesota Basketball
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Less than an Hour Away.... But Loyalty Hurts!

Well, by the 9:05 ET tonight, some NBA team is going to be very, very happy and as only a Timberwolves fan would do, relating this with something familiar and close to heart is a reminder of how the Kevin Garnett era was no more! After LeBron James exited the TD Garden's court, taking off that Cleveland jersey that he rocked for seven year and left Cavs fans wondering where he would land and if loyalty was something that important to him than chasing championship in Chicago and Miami or the stardom that New York offers, Kevin Garnett was asked about the situation that he was in and responded!

"Loyalty is something that hurts you at times, because you can't get youth back. I can honestly say that if I could go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I'd have done it a little sooner."



That told me a lot about Kevin Garnett and what kind of player he was – a winner! Everyone is saying, well if LeBron leaves, he's chasing a championship and trying to go out the easy way! Well, last time I checked everyone in the NBA is chasing a title and damn sure would join a team consisted of Wade and Bosh, or Boozer and Rose to do so! Look at these great championship team that the Lakers had in the eighties, that had three of the top 50 players of all-time. The Celtics of the sixties were a team that consisted of an all-star line up, that's how great they were! If he was to bolt out, would I diminish his titles (if he get them first) – yeah, but he can look at everyone in the league and say I'm a champion and that's all he needs! Although, I think he'll stay in Cleveland because we tend to forget that was a 60 win team and can still get there! If he stays, I'm 100% sure they'll try to pursue Chris Paul or he'll give the worst trade demand the league has seen in two years, he'll make that Kobe situation look like he loved Mitch Kupchak!
Loyalty is a tough thing for a player, especially when he plays for the city he grew up in, I say go the Joe Mauer route and stay!



Seems like he was dying here in Minnesota and we knew we had to let him go!



Taking off that jersey gave hope to everyone in Chicago, Miami and New York!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment